Monday, March 26, 2007

Earthwalkers

I met with my shaman friends tonight. They want to start a guild exclusive to those that understand the spirits of the elements. I decided to look into it because I am tired of journeying alone! Druids should mesh well with shaman, since the spirits speak to us also. And, I am a Stonehoof, so my bond with earth is stronger than most.

We spoke for a bit about a name for our little group. Several suggestions were made before I timidly proposed "Earthwalkers." If you read my journal entry about my philosophy, you will understand why I made that recommendation. After some debate, the name was accepted by those present, much to my delight and surprise.

Then we discussed who should lead us. The hunter that organized our little group offered to lead if no one else would and I was content to let that happen. Then someone suggested that I do it. Me! Araven Stonehoof! A druid! I was stunned into silence for many moments as the others debated the suggestion. Finally, I acquiesced. If everyone wanted a female Shu'halo druid to lead them, then who am I to deny it? I have been around for a while and I understand the training of hunters and warriors, though I have no experience as a shaman at all. I am flattered by their faith in me, though! We ultimately agreed to sleep on the matter and vote at a later date.

Once that matter was decided, someone mentioned the Sin'dorei that was supposed to join us, which sparked a huge debate. Not only is he an elf, but he is also a warlock! Many were opposed to him being allowed into the guild. Only three of us spoke in favor of giving him a chance.

I am not certain how I feel about him. I know that not all the Sin'dorei are bad, but it is difficult for me to believe that a Sin'dorei warlock can be shamanistic. I will give him a chance; listen to his story before I make my decision. If there is one thing I have learned over the years, it is to give everyone a chance. Sometimes your first impressions were correct and sometimes they were not, but either way you learned something.

No comments: